Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yes. I'm Here. Posting. Yay.

So yet again it's been forever since I posted and blah blah I'm so ashamed, angst. (Seriously I really did want to write in the last six months, it's just, I had this thing...a job...that happened and now... *sigh* I have no excuse)

I got inspired to write again tonight because of another blog on Blogspot called Hyperbole and a Half. It's literally the funniest blog I've ever read (not that I've read a ton, admittedly). Go explore it, you will cry laughing.

Anyway. I figured instead of waiting for a topic to show itself in my overworked, undermassaged brain I would just write so that I could say that I started writing again. So I did. And I am. This is it. Writing. Booya. There, some more writing. I am awesome already.

Seriously there's no topic today. Just mental excrement. It's late and I had a very long day. You understand.


Again in all seriousness, I really would like to get this blog back up and running. Especially since Hyperbole and a Half has proven to me that you don't need an overall theme or direction to keep one going and for it to be successful. (Thanks for the inspiration Allie!) You just have to do it and keep at it. So try I will. No I won't try. I'll do. There is no try. (I learned that from Yoda, my Muppet friend.)

Is there anything that you would like to see from this blog, or want from me? I don't know who I'm talking to but I'm sure you'll know who you are when you read this. All of you. I'm babbling, I'm very tired. But I'm also...oh shit...what's that word where you sleep during the day and are awake at night? Seriously this is scaring me why can't I think of it? Narcoleptic? No that's when you fall asleep for no reason. Ummm... Narcotic. No......... (I had to look it up, I'm so ashamed) NOCTURNAL was the word I was looking for, as I'm sure you already knew and were thinking I was damaged as you read that. I'm sorry you had to see that. At least I was close. Sort of.

As I was saying before my head exploded, I'm pretty much nocturnal so even though I'm wide awake my brain is fully aware that I did a shit ton of stuff today and therefore should be very unconscious right now so as to recharge. But bah. I work evenings during the week so I can sleep in. ("Hah" says fate, as it warms up the lawnmowers that pick a different morning each week to smite my peaceful 9 AM slumber)

Anyway, welcome back to me, says I. Life has been pretty good lately. I've been working steadily for six months, two jobs, working six days a week, new car as of last month, going to Disney World in September so summer needs to end as soon as possible, and as long as things continue like this my plans of moving to Florida within a year and a half are still on track... Life is good.

1 comment: